IRVINESTOWN HEALTH CENTRE
Due to rising concern regarding COVID 19 Coronavirus, it is with regret that we have to introduce some new measures in order to minimise footfall in the surgery and thus reduce the spread of the virus to our most vulnerable patients and to try and keep our GP service operational.
In these unprecedented times, we appreciate your understanding and patience as these changes may inevitably affect you and your families.
Please also know that these measures are taken in your best interest and allows us to tend to the most vulnerable and in need in our society.
All staff will still be working as normal but these measures are needed in order to minimise the risk of spread. If you have an urgent medical need we wish to reassure you that you will still be seen following telephone assessment.
With immediate effect:
- We would encourage patients with routine booked appointments for the GP, nurse or bloods from Thursday 12/03/2020 onwards, to only attend for their appointment if they feel it is of utmost priority. Otherwise we would ask that you DO NOT show for your appointment, you DO NOT need to ring to cancel. This can be rebooked once normal service is resumed.
- If you are unsure whether your appointment is of priority, please ring ahead and we can discuss this with you.
- We ask that anyone with any fever/cold/flu or respiratory symptoms DO NOT attend the surgery and instead rings ahead to consult with a GP over the phone.
- We ask that anyone who has been in contact with anyone else experiencing these symptoms also DOES NOT attend the surgery and instead rings ahead for advice.
- If you require advice on whether you qualify for coronavirus testing and do not have any symptoms, please ring 111
- We are unable to offer new routine appointments over the coming weeks and ask that you ring the surgery as early as possible in the day if you need medical advice or need a medicl assessment
- Where possible please use the telephone to make requests for medications etc and avoid coming to the premises.
Again we wish to thank you for your support and co-operation as we face these uncertain times.
Irvinestown Health Centre